BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's In a Name?

I had no trouble choosing the name for my blog. I knew I wanted it somehow to allude to my favorite Book and I knew that I wanted it to have something to do with my life verse, perhaps one or two other verses as well. "Hidden and Unveiled" became a natural choice, after about 5 minutes of brainstorming.


I suppose I should explain myself.


The words "hidden" and "unveiled" refer to my life verse and another favorite verse of mine.

"Your adornment must not be merely external -- braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."

-1 Peter 3:3-4

and

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

-2 Corinthians 3:18


For a few years now, those two verses in 1 Peter have been my verses. I love them! It is such a relief to me to know that I don't have to join the beauty rat race with which our society plagues women. God's love for me is perfect, so I don't have to have to "dress to impress" when I am spending time with Him. He cares more about my inward appearance than He does about my outward appearance. I know that when I focus on cultivating my inner beauty, that pleases Him, and to please Him is one of my strongest and most fervent desires.

Another strong desire of mine is to be "transformed into his likeness". 2 Corinthians 3:18 describes my desire perfectly. When people look at me, I don't want them to see me. Not at all. I want them to see my Best Friend. My Savior. My Everything. I want my unveiled face to reflect His glory. (More about having an unveiled face in a later post.)

In the future, I hope I reflect Him properly. I hope He saturates my heart, and that this saturation pours out of me into the world.

What's in a name? Well, in this name, I hope to convey my desire to become wholly His and to touch the people He brings into my life.

0 comments: